About Me

Woodward, Oklahoma, United States
I am a mother of three daughters married to Taylor for almost fourteen years. I am an elementary counselor; with inspirations to be an elementary principal. I love to shop, blog, run, and collect shoes and watch fashion. I enjoy spending time with my daughters. I have always dreamed of having three daughters and now my dream has come true! I am also a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State University! GO POKES!!! I graduated from there with my bachelor's degree and earned my master's at NWOSU in k-12 counseling!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Love Life.....

I choose life. Love Life....give to others in life....let others know you love them in life. Love Life...This post is a little sorrowful. This week has been very sorrowful for me. I have cried....I have laughed...I have cried.....I have realized how important it is to make a life for me....my family...my girls. Monday morning my principal(whom let me just say is such an amazing woman whom I admire in sooo many ways...this is actually my first year with her as counselor)...anyway....my principal comes to me and tells me that one of the middle school teachers has passed away and Im needed at middle school. For those of you that don't know...middle school has been my professional home for the past fourteen years of my education career....so this news was a shock...this news was straight to the heart, you might say. The class of students this teacher had were mine last year....I knew all of them.....the principal was my principal for the past fourteen years. I know the teachers he worked with well....they were my colleagues.....one of his close colleagues is my babysitter's husband....sad, sad. After being at the middle school for two days this week...I have a mixture of feelings.....but most importantly....I have learned the lesson to love life. I have learned the lesson of don't ever doubt what I am doing is not making a difference for these kids. Listening to the kids showed me that he was an amazing teacher who made learning fun for them. What goes through a person's head to not want to choose life? What allows someone to leave all of these innocent lives in the making? What allows someone to feel that way at that very moment and so alone that they would not choose life? It saddens my heart to no end......my heart is sad for his family.....and for his extended school family.....the students and faculty that knew him and worked with him for those years. I know he is smiling down now and realizes that so many cared for him......but its too late to take it back. We just now add the question to our list for God when we eventually meet the Maker. For me....I choose life. I choose making a life that others will know my passion and how much I love what I do. I am now making a new extended family....and in just a few short months......I have grown attached to a new faculty of colleagues.....students....oh the students....how I love them. They are my life....they are amazing in so many ways. I have a new "high" on what I do after something sooo tragic happened to affect so many people that I care for and still hold a place in my heart. CHOOSE LIFE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love you Tara! You are amazing. So sad for all of you MS people who are hurting right now. I'm praying for everyone. So many deeply affected by this. You are so right that we don't know our influence as teachers. It's sad how unappreciated and unnoticed and unsupported we can feel at times. So important to cheer each other on! Which is why I wanna tell you that I've heard so many good things about you from random people lately and it makes me feel so proud to tell them that YES you are wonderful and that you are one of my very good friends too by the way ;) Hope you have a restful break. Just want you to know know I'm thinking about you and love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been keping up with your work life so this was a very touching blog ♥. You should never doubt your positive impact on others. I am a testiment to that. I love you Tara :)
    Amber

    ReplyDelete