About Me

Woodward, Oklahoma, United States
I am a mother of three daughters married to Taylor for almost fourteen years. I am an elementary counselor; with inspirations to be an elementary principal. I love to shop, blog, run, and collect shoes and watch fashion. I enjoy spending time with my daughters. I have always dreamed of having three daughters and now my dream has come true! I am also a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State University! GO POKES!!! I graduated from there with my bachelor's degree and earned my master's at NWOSU in k-12 counseling!

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Extra Degree....

We can always learn from our youth. I get excited to receive my copy of FFA New Horizons magazine every so often. This month, I read Oklahoma FFA's current state FFA reporter's article and was inspired by his words. He talked about how "at 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, water boils. With boiling water comes steam, and steam can power a locomotive. That is the difference that one degree in temperature can make." He went on to quote a book called The Extra Degree that points out that many of life's successes and failures are decided by just a slim margin. He states that "a little extra effort can make a huge difference." WOW!!! You know how God tends to give you clues through words you read at the moment you need to read them. He then goes on to talk about a big thing called "And-then-some syndrome." He compares it to an essay written by Carl Holmes and the spirit of service being summed up in these three little words...and then some. "Always do what is expected of you....and then some. Do everything you can to help somebody...and then some. Be considerate and kind to others...and then some. Give everything you have to the thing you are passionate about....and then some." Woozers....those are some powerful, powerful words and words for thought. Our youth leaders today sometimes say it best. Thank you to Trevor Lucas, 2010 State FFA Reporter.....I am a has been but am still learning from the leaders of such an inspirational organization that I am still fondly passionate for.......thanks for giving me the "umphhh" I needed at the time I read this....and then some!!!!

3 comments:

  1. you are so "and then some"! :) Love it Tara! and love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's why u were our state reporter '91! Ha! Ha! You always have the best inspirations yourself! I too love reading my Horizons magazine each month, and a little envious of how much more publicity the officers get. That's tacky to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber. I was state reporter 91 to keep you in line and tell you where the shelves were at alumni camp and much much more I won't say on here in case there are a few people out there that may have known us back then! Lol. Love you,

    ReplyDelete