About Me

Woodward, Oklahoma, United States
I am a mother of three daughters married to Taylor for almost fourteen years. I am an elementary counselor; with inspirations to be an elementary principal. I love to shop, blog, run, and collect shoes and watch fashion. I enjoy spending time with my daughters. I have always dreamed of having three daughters and now my dream has come true! I am also a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State University! GO POKES!!! I graduated from there with my bachelor's degree and earned my master's at NWOSU in k-12 counseling!

Friday, November 13, 2009

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS...

Being back to work has been another one of those reality checks for me and made me remember to count my blessings. My job is middle school counselor so I see and hear a lot of disheartening things in my line of work. Yesterday, I had one of my students tell me that their family was homeless and would possibly be staying in the car that night. Talk about worrisome, disheartening, frightening, helplessness and a whole other realm of feelings going through my body. We are in a time of recession and it is not fair what some of these kiddos go through........it made me get down on my knees last night and thank the Lord for my many blessings and a roof over my head. My daddy always told us to be thankful for the food on the table, a loving family and the roof over our head. I never really thought about it until I became an adult and started paying the bills and then again last night as I couldn't sleep worrying about my little student. I did give her resources hoping they would come through for the family. This morning I came to school and seeked her out first and was reassured that our loving community had a loving church that provided them a safe place and warm place last night. So.....I am counting my blessings at this very moment and hoping that you are counting yours too! Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment