About Me

Woodward, Oklahoma, United States
I am a mother of three daughters married to Taylor for almost fourteen years. I am an elementary counselor; with inspirations to be an elementary principal. I love to shop, blog, run, and collect shoes and watch fashion. I enjoy spending time with my daughters. I have always dreamed of having three daughters and now my dream has come true! I am also a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State University! GO POKES!!! I graduated from there with my bachelor's degree and earned my master's at NWOSU in k-12 counseling!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A sad heart....

I never know what my day will be like as a school counselor. This morning was one of those days that as I walked in the middle school doors, I had no clue what waited for me. Our school secretary greeted me with the news of one of our students was getting ready to be told that their Dad had been killed last night on his job. The mom of the student had called and requested that I be there when they gave the news to the student. I was to call her immediately. Talk about praying very quickly! As I drove to the grandparent's house, many thoughts entered my mind...what to say or do? There are never any right words to say to 12 year olds that lose a parent. My goodness....life aint always beautiful or fair...that's for dang sure! Especially when you have so many other things going on in your life as a middle school aged child. It was a very difficult morning for me as they gave the student the news! All I could really do was hug the student and let them know that we would be there for them when they returned to school. The student wanted me to tell several friends of the news. After I pulled out of the driveway, I thanked the Lord for the blessing of my Daddy and that I still have him in my life to call on at any moment and he is always available for me. The road ahead will be extremly rough for my student; but I will be there to help and so will our wonderful teachers that we are blessed to have in this wonderful school district. So tonight...my heart is sad for my student and I am praying for that student to have strength, hope, feelings of love and support....and to know that there will be many looking out for them as they enter this struggle and realm of emotions ahead.

1 comment:

  1. wow....i'm so sorry you had to deal with this....but so thankful that the student also had you present....love you and praying for you.... : )

    ReplyDelete