About Me

Woodward, Oklahoma, United States
I am a mother of three daughters married to Taylor for almost fourteen years. I am an elementary counselor; with inspirations to be an elementary principal. I love to shop, blog, run, and collect shoes and watch fashion. I enjoy spending time with my daughters. I have always dreamed of having three daughters and now my dream has come true! I am also a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State University! GO POKES!!! I graduated from there with my bachelor's degree and earned my master's at NWOSU in k-12 counseling!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Emotional Exhaustion

This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.I am really hoping to see some rainbows soon because I have only been seeing and dealing with clouds lately in my line of work. It seems that as I get older I know more and more people that are stricken by the "C" word.....students with family members, friends, community acquaintances.....maybe this is common, but I don't necessarily like it. I am a worry wart and I find myself just wondering when I am going to be that person affected by someone close that I love dearly. I hope I don't...but my heart goes out to those people that I know right now going through a hard time because of this ugly "C" word. I try to be a good listener and give good advice to these 10 and 11 year olds/or colleagues...but some days I just want to break down and cry.........sometimes because I know there is not a happy ending ahead...I can't just put a bandaid on it and fix the pain. Sometimes I want to cry because these children can't help the situation they are in....I think its time that I "wring" out this sponge(aka me) and do something to heal my heart and all of the sad stories I have heard lately and been witness to. My heart is really feeling heavy lately and in order for me to remain a strong listener and feelings healer for my students, I need to take time to heal the words that have entered my heart from colleagues or students I care about.....so pray for me and that I am refreshed soon....



No comments:

Post a Comment