About Me

Woodward, Oklahoma, United States
I am a mother of three daughters married to Taylor for almost fourteen years. I am an elementary counselor; with inspirations to be an elementary principal. I love to shop, blog, run, and collect shoes and watch fashion. I enjoy spending time with my daughters. I have always dreamed of having three daughters and now my dream has come true! I am also a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State University! GO POKES!!! I graduated from there with my bachelor's degree and earned my master's at NWOSU in k-12 counseling!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Love Happens















Watched this show last night with Jennifer Aniston...I just love her...and it was "A-OK"(if you have watched the show...you know what I mean when I say this). It was a good rental. Made me want to share the story of how my hubby and I met....how our Love happened...at the greatest place in the world...Stilly, Oklahoma....aka Oklahoma State University. It started with a sorority party the Kappa Delta's have every year called Luau. See picture below of my lil' and g-lil....I have the best family and are still in touch with these amazing girls on fb.














(PS....notice the bandana shirt I am wearing.....where I found it I don't even want to remember...but to this day, my husband still loves this bandana shirt! I think it reminds him of when we met..so back to the story)









Anyhoo....senior girls in Kappa Delta ville are what we call "luau" girls and wear our bikini tops and grass skirts when we go to serenade the fraternities before luau. It was my senior year and I was a luau girl having fun when we visited the Sigma Nu fraternity where my future husband would be watching the serenade. At this point, I had no idea who Taylor Burnett was or even cared because I was dating an ag teacher at the time(whole other story that is not important). But Taylor sees me and asks his good friend, Triplett, who I was. Triplett, at that point, had set Taylor Burnett up with lots of her KD friends and told him "don't even think about it." However, Love Happens...as the movie says...and later on.....we do eventually cross paths...and meet....start dating....and to make a long story short.....I move to Texas to teach while he is still in Stilly working to finish his degree and finally something sinks in and Taylor proposose to me at Christmas in front of his family and my family.....such a sweet story. Another time. Heres a pic:




PS...notice my Mom on the right and his Mom on the left....so sweet that we captured or someone captured this great memory.







We got married on July 19th, 1997 and it will be 13 years......a cat named Lola and three beautiful girls later. Heres the invite...notice how my middle name is spelled "Ann" WRONG...it is Anne...somehow missed that in the proofing and had to send out all 500 invites that way....

AND it rained on July 19th, 1997 so if Taylor would have bought my ring at BC Clark's....it would have been FREE...right? Heres a wedding pic......one that was easily available to scan in...we look sooo young.....

PS...we also have a very professional(ha) wedding video that the girls watch and laugh so hard at how different their family looks.....Abbey even loved it that her former teacher, Mrs. Rowley, was at our wedding and how funny that was...


I love you, Clinton Taylor Burnett...thank you for loving me through these past many years...ups and downs...always believing in me and us.......you are my rock......and such an amazing Daddy to our sweet girls.....thank you for loving me through all those "blonde" moments too....see pic below!


Im so glad our LOVE HAPPENED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment