About Me

Woodward, Oklahoma, United States
I am a mother of three daughters married to Taylor for almost fourteen years. I am an elementary counselor; with inspirations to be an elementary principal. I love to shop, blog, run, and collect shoes and watch fashion. I enjoy spending time with my daughters. I have always dreamed of having three daughters and now my dream has come true! I am also a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State University! GO POKES!!! I graduated from there with my bachelor's degree and earned my master's at NWOSU in k-12 counseling!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweet vs. salty.....

Ok...so I must confess...I am sitting here eating doritos and at the same time teddy graham mixture(cinnamon, choc. chips and chocolatey teddy grahams). Yes...it has been a stressful day in general. So when I stress...I confess....I EAT!!!! I know that my ultimate goal is to be a balanced mother not a perfect mother...but my goodness.....I feel like I just never have enough time in the day to do anything balanced. Laundry is never done at my house...it is continual. My house, lately, is never clean.....toys, clothes, shoes, magazines, unread mail, unfinished projects...lay all around my house. Then there's the whole issue of my career.....I have been a counselor now for 8 years....and if you are a counselor out there reading this...you will very much understand this when I say that I feel like a "sponge." Students and adults come and go in my office during the school day......tell their stresses or worries...and I absorb them. They leave my office feeling better(at least I like to think that they do) and then their worries are with me...the sponge. I go home and continue to dwell on what I have heard or things I might have said to them or how I could have said this or did that...and on and on. I have found from experience that if I don't destress......I carry that burden with me and it weighs heavy on my emotional and physical and mental being. So I need stress relievers....so you guessed it....I EAT! After all...life is kinda like my after school treat.....sweet at times....yet salty at others. Ups and downs.....triumphs and trials. I am praying very deeply for answers. I pick up my oldest daughter today who proceeds to tell me that her friend has asked her to ask a boy in her class if he will be the friend's boyfriend. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? She is in the third grade. I proceed to tell her that, "No, that is not a good idea to get involved in that and to tell her friend that her Mom says she is too young to be talking about boys." Here comes the stress.(for the next 18 years of teenage years with three daughters). She then proceeds to ask me to call her friend's mother and tell her about this....uh, I don't think so. I tell her I am in charge of her and her actions, not her friend's. This is how we handle this situation. Any advice out there? Going to kick my feet up. Quiet now at the Burnett house...Nelley is napping, Sofey and Taylor are working out(which I should be) and Abbey is at dance. Hope everyone out there has a great evening. Signing off......

No comments:

Post a Comment