About Me

Woodward, Oklahoma, United States
I am a mother of three daughters married to Taylor for almost fourteen years. I am an elementary counselor; with inspirations to be an elementary principal. I love to shop, blog, run, and collect shoes and watch fashion. I enjoy spending time with my daughters. I have always dreamed of having three daughters and now my dream has come true! I am also a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State University! GO POKES!!! I graduated from there with my bachelor's degree and earned my master's at NWOSU in k-12 counseling!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Coincidences? I don't think so.

Here is some food for thought for the day. I believe in numerology and after talking to several of my friends, they do too. Is this a coincidence? My birthday is on the 1st; Taylor's is on the 7th; Abbey's is on the 14th; Sofey's is on the 21st; and Nelley's is on the 28th. Coincidence? I don't think so. It is also in birth order. Yes, I am the oldest...for FOUR months. But you would think according to Taylor, during those four months, that I am older than he is....it is like 20 years in dog year's....jeezie peezie. He doesn't let me live it down. I think he likes to tell people that he is married to an older lady..ha ha. My younger sister, Tiff also has some coincidences in her family with numerology. Naomi, my niece was born on 10-23(getting ready to celebrate her 2nd birthday and can I just say that she is the most precious niece!....I actually have two precious nieces...Addi Zo too!) anyway..back to my sister....her birthday is on the 10th and her husband's is on the 23rd.....Coincidence? I don't think so!

Another coincidence I noticed the other day about my daughters and our family(actually my friend noticed it when we went to dinner).....is the colors of their birthstones.....red, white(pearl) and blue.........and if you know Taylor's family.......they are in the firework's business.....BIG BUSINESS on the fourth of July.....red, white and blue...hmmmmmmm??? Coincidence? I don't think so.

The final coincidence is with Miss Nelley Kate. We named Nelley after my grandmother, Eleanor Mueggenborg...my dad's Mom who passed away last summer. She was a very special person in our lives. I have many found memories growing up and going to my grandmother's house. I was actually very blessed to have two beautiful grandmothers...both passing away in the same year....very hard. Anyway, Nelley is short for Eleanor. And when my sister and I spent the night at my grandmother's house, she would always say the Guardian angel prayer with us....I have it memorized and embedded in my brain and heart. Above the bed in the bedroom we always slept in was a picture of the Guardian angel with the two children crossing the bridge. Always a special prayer to me. I was raised catholic and went to Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic school...right there in Kingfisher on main street...you have probably seen it if you drive by. One of my childhood friends is now the principal there..which I think is so neat! Anyway..back to the story....on the day Nelley was born at Mercy hospital in OKC, the volunteer women came around with the prayer cards to pray with us and guess which prayer was given to us first? Yes, the guardian angel prayer....with the picture on the prayer card.....of course, I started boo hooing like a big baby...because I believe in signs and really felt like it was a sign from my Grandmother and a blessing that she was there to pray that prayer with us. Coincidence? I don't think so.......Okay..that is my food for thought for the day....post some of your coincidence stories if you would like to share.......now, I am signing off......I am going to try and scan in a picture later on of my grandmother to show you. Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment